Taraji P. Henson is not new to most as she is a well known Hollywood actress and has featured in some of our best movies, which Includes Empire, where she plays the role of Cookie Lyon.
This Hollywood favorite, who has gone on to become a big name in the industry winning numerous awards. In 2016, Time named Taraji P. Henson one of the 100 most influential people in the world on the annual Time 100 list. She has also executive produced some of her projects such as her 2014 film No Good Deed.
The beautiful thing about Taraji P. Henson is her journey to success isn’t a smooth one but rather an inspiring one. On this post, we get to learn some of her secrets to success as complied by Evans Carmichael.
- Take Risks; Taraji P.Henson says, don’t be afraid to take risks. You only have one life to live and the best way to live a fulfilled life is to go outside of your comfort zone, try things, find those that work and leave behind, this way, you don’t regret anything.
- Go For It; You have something on you mind? You don’t know where it will lead but you can’t stop thinking about it? Go for it! What’s the worst that would happen? Life really does go on after all?
- Overcome Your Ego; The greatest enemy to your success is your ego. Taraji advises to never let ego get in the way of taking corrections and getting help when you need it.
- Ignore Your Fear; First, remember that everyone deals with fear, even with the greatest person you know. So look beyond your fears because they will always be there and just do what you need to do.
- Focus On Your Passion; Search within you for what makes you happy, what drives you, discover these things, and focus on it.
- Be A Fighter; No one said the road to success would be easy, but it would be worth it. In other to achieve success, you should be ready to fight your way through.
- Take Control Of Your Life; Remember, it’s your life, your decisions to make. So, take control on your life decision.
- Embrace Your Challenges; Again, challenges are part of the journey, so embrace it. Don’t try to neglect them, accept them, work on them and get better.
- Surround Yourself With Good Energy; No one achieves anything without the help of others. Ensure to have yourself surrounded with people who care and support you.
- Chase Your Dreams; Your dreams are valid! Regardless of what they are, if you can conceive it in your mind, you can achieve it, so go for it.
So many amazing things to learn from Taraji P. Henson, but this is where we draw the curtain. I do hope that you learnt and enjoyed reading this.