Aliko Dangote Shares His Top 10 Secret To Success
Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian billionaire, who owns the Dangote Group, his company operates in Nigeria and other African countries. As of January 2015, he had an estimated net worth of US$18.6 billion.
On this blog post, you get to learn some of his top 10 secrets as compiled by Evans Carmicheal. Keep reading to learn;
1. Listen to people; Aliko Dangote said, “to be a good leader, you have to be a good listener. I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time and people saw it too.”
2. Be consistent; The Dangote Group was established as a small trading firm in 1977. Today, it is a multi-trillion naira conglomerate. Every business has a hiccups but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t succeed.
3. Possess the right informations; You need to have adequate information at your finger tips to make the right decisions. The Dangote Group has moved from being a trading company to being the largest industrial group in Nigeria and includes: Dangote Sugar Refinery, Dangote Cement, and Dangote Flour because of information.
4. Be focused; Dangote Group with its dominance in the sugar market and refinery business is the main supplier (70% of the market) to the country’s soft drinks companies, breweries and confectioners has remained consistency and focused.
5. Think ahead; Never stay comfortable, stay ahead. Dangote Sugar Refinery is the largest refinery in Africa and the third largest in the world, producing 800,000 tonnes of sugar annually.
6. Have a vision; You need to have a vision and a mission to be able to actualize what’s in your mind.
7. Do only things you understand; He has diversified into telecommunications, and has started building 14,000 kilometres of fibre optic cables to supply the whole of Nigeria. As a result, he was honoured in January 2009 as the leading provider of employment in the Nigerian construction industry.
8. Think Big; Dangote was awarded Nigeria’s second highest honour, the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger. It’s never too late to reach for the top.
9. Form strategic plans; In May 2015 Dangote expressed interest in purchasing the English football team Arsenal. He stated that if he was able to make the purchase he would fire the club’s long-standing manager Arsene Wenger.
10. Your name is your most valuable asset; He’s ranked by Forbes magazine as the 67th richest person in the world, and the richest in Africa.
And that’s it for this blog post, I hope you enjoyed reading this.