Official National Anthem Lyrics Of Republic Of Togo
Land of our forefathers is the national anthem of Togo. Alex Casimir-Dosseh wrote the words and it was used as Togo national anthem from independence in 1960 till 1979. It was replaced in 1979 to 1992 by a different anthem composed by the party of the Rally of the Togolese People. It was readopted from 1992 onwards.
Land of our forefathers
- Hail to thee, land of our forefathers’
- Thou who made them strong,
- Peaceful and happy,
- Men who for posterity,
- Cultivated virtue and bravery.
- Even if tyrants shall come,
- Thy heart yearns towards freedom.
- Togo arise! Let us struggle without faltering.
- Victory or death, but dignity.
- God almighty, Thou alone,
- Hast made Togo prosper.
- People of Togo arise! Let us build the nation.
- To serve thee in unity
- Is the most burning desire of our hearts.
- Let us shout aloud our motto
- That nothing can tarnish.
- We the only builders of thy happiness and of thy future,
- Everywhere let us break chains and treachery,
- And we swear to thee for ever faith,
- Love, service, untiring zeal,
- To make thee yet, beloved Togo,
- A golden example for humanity.
- Hail, hail to the entire Universe
- Let us unite our efforts on this immense building site
- Whence will be reborn anew
- Great Humanity.
- Everywhere, instead of misery, let us bring happiness.
- Let us chase from the world unruly hatred.
- It’s over with slavery and Captivity.
- At the star of liberty,
- Let us renew the solidarity
- Of the Nations in fraternity.