Looking for a natural baby skincare brand?
Amal Botanicals is the next best thing to happen in the baby skincare industry. Read on to find out why we love this brand so much.
The following are some things that should be safe to assume:
- Roses are red
- The sky is blue
- Baby skin care products are safe for babies’ skin
Unfortunately, only two of these statements are accurate – and the last time we checked, the sky was still blue and roses remain red (at least most of them).
As far as baby skin care products are concerned, safety is uncertain and these is due to the fact that many of these products are jam packed with potentially harmful ingredients.
Recent studies have found out that a little over 60 percent of the tested children’s bath soaps, lotions, shampoos, and other skin care products contained carcinogenic substances.
In Nigeria, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) reports that chemicals still run rampant in many mainstream baby products. The organization notes that several baby product categories are of particular concern; these include baby soaps, shampoos and conditioners, lotions and oils.
To make matters worse, there is very little regulation of these products once they are on the market.
How babies’ skin differs from Adults’
Everyone knows babies have the softest skin, but what you may not know is that they have the most delicate skin.
The following are noteworthy differences between a Baby’s skin and an Adult’s:
- Baby skin is more permeable than an adult’s because they have fewer elastic fibers.
- Additionally, infants have more fat under their skin allowing some fatty substances – like steroids – to sink in more readily than they would with adults. Babies get sunburned more easily.
- Melanin protects our skin against damage from ultraviolet rays. Babies make less melanin and are therefore more susceptible to sun damage
- Babies can’t regulate their own temperature as well. As adults, the blood vessels in our dermis widen or narrow to help regulate our temperature. Since babies can’t do this, it is important that you help to heat and cool your baby yourself. This is especially important when your baby is suffering from a rash that may be triggered by heat.
- Healing: As babies grow, their skin grows. So, it’s no surprise that a baby’s skin grows faster than adults, but it may surprise you to learn that as a result – baby skin can heal better than adult skin. This does not mean that you should let a wound go untreated. Babies do not have a fully developed immune system.
How to avoid Toxins in baby skin care products
- Read labels Closely
- Utilize an app or a guide
- Reduce the number of skin care products that you use
- Use natural skin care products
- When you do purchase baby products, shop from brands you can trust
The baby care Brand you can Trust
Not sure where to look for safer baby skin care? Check out AMAL BOTANICALS natural and organic baby care collection which is explicitly designed with babies’ sensitive skin in mind.
You will never find any harmful, impossible-to-pronounce ingredients in our products. Instead you will find a commitment to safe, gentle, and natural ingredients that keep your baby’s skin healthy without risking their overall health. These products are perfect for newborns, and kids of all ages.
They also have a product range for Expectant and Nursing mothers to ease the motherhood journey.
Let’s Explore some of their products below: (click on the pictures to shop for them directly)
Amal Botanicals New born essentials
This comprises of;
1 Miracle Moisturising Cream, day time Moisturiser
1 Baby Bottom Cream for diaper rash
1 Nourishing & Moisturizing Shea Bar Soap
1 Talc-Free Powder
1 Soothing Shea Oil for skin, hair & massage, a night time nourishing oil which also helps promotes restful sleep. Also great for hair growth.
Amal Botanicals Balms for Expectant and Nursing Mothers
Nipple Balm :
Helps to Soothe & Nourish Tender and Sore nipples.
100% Natural, Safe for Baby and no need to wipe breast before breastfeeding
Suitable for expectant and nursing moms as preventive treatment against stretchmarks. It also serves as a good massage
Check out Amal Botanicals Soaps below:
Check out their other products on their Website
Connect with Amal Botanicals on :