The Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Programme is an initiative by the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) aimed at equipping micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) with the skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals, improve their access to available credit, and improve their capacity for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
This programme is said to help address the Entrepreneurship and Business Management skill gaps of Nigerian MSMEs.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the programme you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Nigerian
- The applicant must be 18 years and above
- The applicant must have a viable business that is registered and operated in Nigeria
- The applicant’s business must be for profit from any sector
- The applicant must possess a minimum educational qualification of Senior Secondary School Certificate
- The applicant must be able to carry out the application process online
- The applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted
Well developed curriculum customized to fit the needs of the MSMEs and Experienced Faculty
Delivery Method: A blended format of face-to-face and online training
Duration: Over a 2 month period for SMEs and over a 1 month period for Micro-Enterprises
Voluntary Advisory Sessions by Industry Experts as soon as training is completed and 5 months after training is completed
Cost: This training programme is free for all selected applicants. However selected applicants will be responsible for transporting themselves to the training venue
Facilitating Partners: Enterprise Development Center (EDC), Pan Atlantic University and Wider Perspective Limited
Location: Abuja and Lagos