ASSETS and Bellafricana Non-Oil SME Export Workshop
There has been a rise in the number of SMEs looking to go global, but do they know what it takes to remain sustainable and make profit?
The importance of capacity building and developing Nigeria’s Non-oil Export sector at this critical point in our Nation’s History cannot be overemphasised.
SMEs play an essential role in increasing the sustainable development of the Non-Oil Export sector.
African Sustainable SME Export Trade Solutions (ASSETS) and Bellafricana, present
Theme: “Repositioning Nigerian SMEs As Catalysts To Achieve Rapid, Sustainable Growth In The Non-Oil Export Sector”.
Have you ever asked yourself any of these questions?
• Can SMEs become major players in the non-oil export value chain?
• Should my company get involved in export?
• How do I know if my product is export ready?
• If I don’t have a product yet what can I do?
• If I am a marketer can I get involved in export?
• Should I switch from import to export?
If you want answers to any of these questions, then you don’t want to miss a golden opportunity at the SME Export Workshop to get practical, down to earth answers to these and many other questions. You will also get the latest information about new incentives and critical issues affecting the non-oil export sector in Nigeria. [/dropcap]
ASSETS and Bellafricana SME Export Workshop
At a special workshop to prepare SMEs for opportunities and challenges in the non-oil export sector at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Wednesday 29th June 2016 from 9am – 5pm (Registration commences at 8.30am)
WHAT DOES IT COST?
HOW TO PAY:
Make payment to Bellafricana, Zenith Bank, Account Number 1013734944
Use your company name as reference. Once payment is made kindly scan deposit slip or proof of transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com with name and phone number.
TO REGISTER: Go to export.bellafricana.com
For sponsorship and more information, call Bukky on 08086363970
Participants at the SME Export Workshop will also benefit from the following:
Presentation on the NEXIM Non-oil export Stimulation Facility and other Export financing packages
Information about market access programmes including:
• ECOWAS Trade Liberalisation Scheme (ETLS) and ECOBIZ
• USA – African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA)
• European Union – EU Export Helpdesk and EPA
Assessment of Samples:
(One product per participant) and contact with officials from Government and International development agencies who will highlight the special facilities assistance and training available for Nigerian export-oriented SME producers and marketers.
Presentations that will be covered at the SME Export Workshop:
1. The importance of market entry requirements and specifications
2. Quality Assurance/Control,
4. Packaging and Labelling,
5. Costing and Pricing,
6. Non-tariff Barriers,
7. Phytosanitary Issues,
8. Use of social media and ICT as platforms to promote and export products made by Nigerian SMEs.
WORKSHOP COORDINATOR: Ms Shade Bembatoum-Young, CEO African Sustainable SME Export Trade Solutions (ASSETS)