The ELOY Conference and Awards 2021 is here and I’m here to give you the scoop on everything you need to know.
Tewa Onasanya, Founder of The ELOY Awards Foundation wants people to know and understand the hidden fact that when one woman wins, it increases the chances of other women winning and serves as inspiration for other women to win. She says “we are not in competition with one another, we should be collaborating to lift one another up”.
That is why the theme for the ELOY Conference and Awards 2021 is Collaboration For Sustainable Empowerment. #whenshewinsyouwin.
The ELOY Foundation has moved the needle from just conversations about Sustaining Women Empowerment to taking action in providing a platform for Women in MSMEs to thrive and sustain their businesses through access to mentoring, training, affordable finance, grants and networking opportunities.
What to expect?
Come November 26th, the ELOY Conference will host speakers and participants to presentations and panel discussions focusing on the theme of the ELOYs 2021. The keynote speaker is Hon Cecilia Bolajoko Dada, the Lagos State Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation. The special address on the day will be given by Owen Omogiafo, President Transcorp PLC.
The 13th ELOYs promises to be informative, inspiring and will encourage collaborative efforts to sustain women empowerment. Other speakers at this year’s conference include Eno Essien, CEO Rheytrak, Sonnia Agu, CEO Sapio Club, Nonye Francic Madu, Psychotherapist, Lotana Ezeogu, Founder Skills Tribe, Ife Durosinmi-Eti, CEO Herconomy, Yetty Ogunnubi, Founder / Lead Publicist The YD Company, Tale Alimi, CEO Owoafara, Funke Bucknor-Obruthe, CEO Zaphaire Events and Mabel Aladenusi, Head, Corporate Communications, PR and Digital TVC Communications.
The day will end with the Awards Ceremony in the evening. The prestigious ELOY Awards will be presented to 20 women who have been voted for by the public and have fulfilled the criteria of selection of the ELOY Governing Body.
There are opportunities to sponsor a category and exhibit at the 13th ELOY Awards and Conference 2021. For sponsorship enquires and more information, please contact Hannah on 08098886184 or email [email protected]
About the ELOYs
The aim of the ELOY awards is to recognize Nigerian outstanding women and their achievements and roles in society. To increase the economic visibility of women in Nigeria, to create a platform for networking hence enhancing communication links to encourage women into businesses and to support the work being done by Nigerian women to improve themselves and Nigeria. This event is also being used as a platform to continue to increase awareness for cervical cancer which kills one woman every hour in Nigeria.
Impact of the ELOY Awards so far;
- The ELOYs have been awarded to 205 women to date, who have gone on to be better at what they do.
- We have been able to enrol 40 women in MSME’s onto the ELOY Foundation Sustainable Empowerment Program (SEP) that started in 2020, these small business owners were mentored for a period of six months and they had access to entrepreneurial training every month. 10 of them were awarded a grant.
- It has increased motivation in all women as everyone wants to be nominated for an ELOY at one point during their career or business.
- Improved self-development in awardees and nominees, that have gone on to make a huge impact on their sector.
- A platform that has helped identify excellence in the creative and business sectors. They have gone on to become household names (Eno Essien, Sisi Yemmie, Tiwa Savage, Seyi Shay, Olamide, Korede Bello to mention a few)
- ELOY recognizes categories and identifies industries where people think women are not active or striving in.
The ELOYs has become a permanent fixture on people’s calendars, as everyone in Nigeria looks forward to these prestigious awards every year with great expectations and trust.
Article culled from Exquisite Magazine